Thursday, September 17, 2015

More About Me

Before I started preaching about writing, giving tips on how you should do this and that, I thought I would give you a little insight on what I've done as a writer to give myself a little credibility. The condensed version is basically this; I've been writing ever since early elementary school, starting with little short stories I would write in my free time. Come middle school, I took writing classes, both through the school and outside of it. This also was a mixture, stuff from poetry, to short stories, to historical essays (ugh, those were super boring though). But I wrote all kinds of stuff and I still do! In high school I've continued in taking writing classes, joined the school's literary magazine, in which I've been published, and continued to succeed in writing essays and papers in school.

So I would consider myself a pretty accomplished writer when compared to most high school students, but, and I really can't emphasize this enough, I know I'm by no means one of the best writers out there. I've learned a lot through my classes and attempts at writing, but just as I plan to teach you guys about writing and share what I know, I also would really love to hear what you have to say; whether it's feedback on my work, a mistake that I made, an arguing opinion, or your own tips and writing strategies that you'd like to share with me. All of it is appreciated! Or, I actually do a lot of editing work for my friends, so if that's something you're interested in feel free to ask. Of course I can't really make any promises, but I'll try!

Last thing I ought to mention; although I'm open to discussing pretty much any form of writing, I do have some personal strengths that I'll stick to. Those will probably be fiction writing, poetry, and maybe, if requested or if I just really can't think of much else to talk about, essaying and more formal writing styles. Those three things are what I've always done best, and although I'd love to write scripts and talk about those, I really don't have much experience at all in that field. Same goes for nonfiction, biography style papers.

Sorry readers, I know this might be a boring first read, but I thought it'd be best to get the introductory hodgepodge out of the way before I really dug in! So the next post should be much more entertaining and actually on writing. Again though, please feel free to comment and ask questions as I talk about writing, it'll be more fun for all of us! Until next time! 

-Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment