Thursday, February 4, 2016

Talking to Myself...?

This post is, well, interesting. I'd like to make it sort of like an inflection upon some of my story ideas so that I can get a better understanding for the two and decide which I want to pursue more. Input would, of course, always be nice. But that's completely optional, and to be honest just talking to myself will help me I think.

So, story idea one! It's finished already, but still pretty rough at the moment. It's called the Grave Robber, and to give you a quick synapses of the plot, its about two men, Alec and Dave, driving to a job. They've been set up together by a mutual friend (hes only briefly mentioned) and are just about to arrive at the graveyard. Dave, outgoing and friendly, tries getting to know Alec, who despite some contradictory features acts like a ball of nerves. Alec is quiet and conserved on the way there, but upon arriving they share some playful banter before getting out to find where the grave their planning on robbing is. They talk on the way there, as we get some backstory of Dave and just a disturbing bit of Alec's history. Bothered, Dave shuts up and they walk in silence until they find the grave. Quickly they dig down, however, upon reaching the coffin, Dave is knocked out. He wakes up later to find himself strapped into the coffin with Alec standing over him. With little argument, Alec shuts the lid and buries Dave alive, making a small note in his book as he walks away, telling the audience that he's a regular serial killer.

The plot is pretty simple, but has a small amount of suspense and a lot of dialogue, which I would consider one of my strong points. Theme I have yet to play with, but I think it demonstrates ideas of insanity and the truth that you can never truly know someone, despite what you think. I try to demonstrate that throughout the story by providing the contradictory descriptions, like his strong, intelligent eyes, and his strong frame and muscular body.

Anyway, this ended up a bit longer than I thought it would, so I'll just talk about my other big idea next blog. Until then, peace.

-Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment